Team Leader - Burnley
Based at our Burnley Training Centre, this role offers the successful candidate the opportunity to establish our already successful programme in the Pennine Lancashire area and manage a small, high performing team.
Starting Salary of £25,000 pa / 36hrs per week
For further information and to apply please forward your C.V. to [email protected]
- Strong experience in working with young people aged 14 - 19.
- Strong experience of working with vulnerable client groups engaging & retaining them in a learning process using IAG.
- Experience in performance management and the managing of people.
- Proven experience of working in a recruitment environment.
- Strong experience of working with Military personnel and other military organisations.
- Experience of Government funded external audit processes and documentation
- Proven knowledge and understanding of Government funded provision in the 14 – 19 sector.
- Excellent knowledge of Military entry requirements and recruitment procedures.
- Strong knowledge of Safeguarding matters relating to training in the 14 – 19 year old sector.
- Comprehensive local knowledge of support agencies & services linked with Foundation Youth provision.
- Excellent knowledge of engagement strategies to recruit, retain & progress customer group.
- Robust knowledge of opportunities for progression within the locality.
- Strong understanding of Health and Safety and how to implement effective policy.
- Strong understanding of Equality and Diversity and how to implement effective Company policy.
- Strong understanding of Child Protection policy and how to adhere to the principles.
- Strong understanding of the performance management process and techniques with particular reference to company policy.
- Possession of, or working towards, a Level 3 in Information, Advice and Guidance.
- Maths, English and ICT qualifications at least Level 2.
- Full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle.
- Enhanced DBS disclosure.
- Level 3 in a relevant Industry of Leadership and Management course.
- IOSH – Managing Safely
- Proven evidence of strong & effective customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills & excellent ability to communicate with customer group, other stakeholders and external partners.
- Works well as part of a team & strongly supports others.
- Ability to use and set SMART Objectives in Learning Plans & Reviews.
- Strong ability to effectively use Influencing & negotiating skills to procure service/opportunity.
- Strong ability to understand and effectively manage learner behaviour.
- Strong ability to exercise patience and empathy.
- Ability to meet targets and deadlines.
- Strong ability to be responsive and be flexible to meet needs of the customer group.
- Excellent organisation, time management and administration skills.
- Excellent active listening skills and interview techniques.
- To effectively promote and market provision, keeping schools and referral agencies updated of programme developments and opportunities for engagement. These duties will include the provision of information, advice and guidance and support to entrants and potential entrants, recruiting learners onto programmes to meet profiled targets and quality standards liaising with Shared Services to process appropriately all applicants.
- To contribute to the effective induction of recruits and manage the initial assessment process of individual learners agreeing their Key Objectives within a learning programme that reflects their needs and aspirations. Allied to this task is the requirement to arrange and agree individual timetables for learners to fulfill their learning programme, including working with Partners and sub-contractors.
- To manage learner review process and progress against objectives and maintain a level of learner contact, support and IAG throughout the programme commensurate with individual needs for continued engagement and success in all aspects of their programmes. This will include assisting learners with successful progression planning, managing the referral of early leavers effectively and regularly tracking learners to monitor destinations, update progression data and drive the achievement of targets.
- To engage and lead colleagues through effective performance management techniques and processes.
- To engage effectively with customers, both internally and externally, to ensure comprehensive and accurate information is communicated regarding learners recruitment, progress, achievements and support needs. This should be allied with the development of strong and beneficial working relationships with other support / helping agencies, local authorities and services for children and young people and liaise as appropriate with parents / guardians and schools.
- To lead effective safeguarding processes and ensure that processes and procedure are adhered to at all times by all staff and visitors to the site to enable the safety and wellbeing of learners, embed the principles of Every Child Matters and the Safeguarding policies into all engagement strategies, follow guidance in effectively contributing to the management of learner behaviour.
- To lead the effective management of Health & Safety processes and procedures and ensure that all staff and visitors are aware of and adhere to company and site policies.
- To manage the security of the site and the equipment within.
- To facilitate customer feedback, encourage the learner voice and contribute to the development and delivery of the SAR and the QIP in the pursuit of continuous improvement towards excellence.
- To maintain appropriate learner records that meet company standards and external requirements and to provide relevant statistics as directed to support performance.
- To collate and report weekly performance information to Manager – Education and Skills (MPP) relating to recruitment, reviews, retention/attendance and learner support.
- To role model essential high performing behavior, challenging staff whose conduct is not in-line with expectations eg, attendance, punctuality, professional conduct etc.
- To solve day to day staff queries – default to Divisional Operations Manager where guidance is required.
- To liaise with Managing Director to ensure programme requirements, such as transport arrangements and driver rotation are met.
- To conduct performance reviews of team and report into Managing Director.
- To complete adhoc duties as part of your role as Team Leader.